US President Donald Trump again shared an image calling the Strait of Hormuz 'new US territory,' while an Iranian official said the strait is closed and will not reopen unless the US changes its behavior.
US President Donald Trump on Sunday again shared an image on his Truth Social platform describing the Strait of Hormuz as “NEW US Territory.” He had previously shared the same image on August 18. Speaking at a police academy on Long Island on August 14, Trump said, “Pretty soon I’ll be declaring the Strait of Hormuz a territory of the United States.”
In response, Iran’s supreme national security council secretary, Mohsen Rezaei, said Tehran would not reopen the strait unless the United States fulfilled its commitments and changed its behavior. “The Strait of Hormuz is closed and will not reopen,” Rezaei was quoted as saying by Iran International.
The statements heighten tensions over the strategically vital waterway, through which a significant share of global oil shipments pass. No further details were available.
From